Monday, March 14, 2011

30 for 30: Fab 5

Last night on ESPN, they aired a new 30 for 30 documentary. This one was about the Fab 5. The Fab 5 was 5 dynamic Freshman (Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, and Ray Jackson) who played the starting lineup for michigan state university.  



Before this documentary i must admit that I had only heard of Chris Webber before i started watching sports. Jalen Rose I learned about when he played for Phoenix in '07, and Juwan Howatd I only know because we defeated the Heat horribly and he is a member of that team. Sadly I knew nothing of the other two.

I actually enjoyed hearing everything thing from their prospective, and seeing everything they had to go through at such a young age. They endured hate mail, doubts, losses, and even run ins with trouble. Even with all that they managed to go down history for something great. 
I had no idea that they were the ones to introduce the classic black Nike socks that boys wear today, or that they were the ones who made baggy basketball shorts trendy.I loved it. I would definitely add the 30 for 30 DVD collection to my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment